It’s been a while since I have checked in on where we are at in the process of planning our wedding, so I’m taking this fine Wednesday to do just that. We’ve been engaged three and a half months now and although the wedding is still over a year away we are making so much progress on everything!
WHAT WE’VE DONE SO FAR:
- We picked a date! We both really wanted a fall wedding and since we are expecting to pay for our wedding ourselves, we decided on a Saturday in October of 2018! We have another 15 months to plan and I am so excited for it all.
- We have a venue! I will be 100% honest and say it was the most stressful part of wedding planning so far. Neither of us were set on a date, we just knew we wanted a fall wedding. Going into it there were three places I really wanted to go and see – all of them barn type venues within 45 minutes of our house. We fell in love with one option but ultimately decided against it because it was over our budget and the food options were too fancy for us – if we were going to break the bank I needed to be happy with the food. In the long run we ended up going with the absolute right venue for us it is the perfect mix of rustic yet elegant and I can’t wait for our wedding day to be here!
- We had our engagement party with some of our closest friends and family! See post here for my recap with some photos.
- We’ve picked our bridesmaids and groomsmen! I asked my last bridesmaid last week and I plan on sharing how I asked in a later post. Bobby has yet to ask his guys.
- We hired our DJ! This was Bobby’s choice as it was most important to him. We went to our good friends wedding last July and they had a GREAT DJ – so we reached out to him, had a meeting and booked him on the spot. We cannot wait to dance the night away with everyone.
- We booked our photographer & videographer! This was BY FAR the biggest decision for us to make. I knew I wanted both – there was no budging on my end even when Bobby didn’t understand the need for a videographer. After researching so many places and seeing prices almost double of what our budget was – we found George Street Photo who fit right into our budget. I had mixed feelings on going with a company that pretty much outsources one of, if not the most important parts of our wedding but after meeting with them a lot of my worries were gone. We got to choose our photographer who has worked with one of my besties on a wedding she coordinated and I have heard great things about him. SO far the process of communication has been seamless and they have really helped out with any questions I had.
WHAT WE’RE WORKING ON:
- Our guest list. A few days after we got engaged we had our parents over and came up with a preliminary list of people and divided them into three categories. our family, our friends, and our family friends. I am hoping to have the list finalized by the end of the month.
- Registering! Since we will have lived together for over 4 years by the time we get married, there’s not much that we actually “need” but we are both excited to register for more updated pieces for our home as well as the big splurges we potentially wouldn’t buy ourselves.
- Searching for engagement outfits. We are taking our photos in October when fingers crossed the beautiful New England foliage is around. I am so excited!
Did any of you have a longer engagement? I’d love to hear any wedding advice you ladies have!