I hope you all had a great Easter weekend my friends! We had a great weekend filled with bowling, jellybean eating, and time with loved ones.
On Friday, we took our nephews overnight. We are the cool Aunt & Uncle and took them out to dinner and bowling. Let me tell you, taking two kids out for a night is not cheap. But all that matters is that they had a great time and it is one of the best things to spend time with them. It’s also really nice to watch Bobby with them. (he’s going to be a great dad someday) We went home and watched a movie and then we went to bed.
Saturday I had plans with my friend Danielle. We had lunch at one of my favorite RI restaurants – The Beef Barn. Then we were going to go wine tasting – but we got to the place and it was REALLY small and they were in the middle of a tasting so we waited a few minutes for the gentleman to finish with the group. He finished his story and then he didn’t even acknowledge us! We felt so awkward that we just left. I guess next time we will call in advance, if we try to go back. I then took her to another favorite place of mine….Wrights Dairy Farm. Since she is from New York she’s never had coffee milk (it’s a Rhody thing) but I think she’s hooked after her first time trying it!
I feel like a horrible blogger because I didn’t get any photos from Easter except for our breakfast – cinnamon buns and coffee milk <3. We slept in that morning – which for us is a miracle because we never sleep past 6:30. I had a few more things to get ready before Easter Dinner so I did that and got ready while Bobby went to fish. We had dinner at Bobby’s parent’s house with his family and my parents. It is so nice to be able to not have to split the holiday and just go to one place and see everyone. I love family time and it’s even more special now that I have not only my family to share it with but Bobby’s too.
Until Next Time,
Since starting the #popsugarbookchallange I have been reading so much more. I am trying to make time every night to read, and it helps that Bobby has been watching his shows that I cannot get into (such as Dual Survivor). I have been able to check off 5 books from the list this month…woot woot. I also love reading other blogging ladies selections of books so I decided to start linking up with them for their Reading Lately link up and I’m super excited!
Here’s what I read this month:
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes ★★★★★ This book was so good. I really enjoyed the main character Louisa Clark she is one determined woman and I value her determination with helping the other main character Will Traynor. I suggest this to anyone looking for a book to read, but be warned tears will be involved. I will be picking up the sequel to this soon. ALSO this is becoming a movie this summer, so excited! BTW this books was for ‘A book that’s becoming a movie this year’.
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green ★★ I chose this book for the ‘A book about a road trip’ selection, since I have read almost all of John Green’s books I was hoping to enjoy this one as well. But I didn’t. Colin Singleton is just not a good character, unless you like whiny little boys. Because I didn’t like him the whole book just didn’t do it for me.
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige ★★★ This book was for the ‘A book based on a fairy tale’ selection and it didn’t disappoint. It was a little hard to get into because if you are familiar with the original Wizard of Oz, the twist throws you a bit. By the end I was glad I picked this book for this category. Now I just need to read the rest of the series. I also have read that they are thinking about making this series into a TV show, I would totally watch it.
Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot ★★★★ This book I picked up when I walked into the book store for my ‘The first book you see in the book store’. I loved The Princess Diaries and was like let me give this a shot and knock one of the categories off my list. It was a good book, but I wish it would have focused more on the wedding and had a little more adult content, it definitely should be classified as a young adult novel. Overall it was a good read.
A Man of His Own by Susan Wilson ★★★★★ I chose this as my ‘book from a library’ (aka the library of my mother) she said it was a great book. I loved history and animals and the fact that this was about both was why I picked this out of all the options my mother had. It shows how the unconditional love for and from a pet is sometimes all you need. I really really liked this book.
Until Next Time,
If you guys are ever in the small state of RI you need to check out this local spot in Warren, RI. Chomp Kitchen and Drinks. It’s a restaurant I’ve been wanting to try for a while now after seeing them on a local foodie show called Phantom Gourmet. They serve all from scratch items, and I wasn’t disappointed. We went with friends of ours and it was such a good time.
Good Food. Good Drinks. Good Friends. Good Times.
I had been looking at the menu for a week before we went and knew before we even got there that I wanted the Mac & Cheeseburger – I mean look at how delicious it looks with the Mac & Cheese pouring out of the burger. My other half, Bobby got the biggest burger on the menu (no surprise there) called the Stack 4.0 – and let me tell you it was big, he ended up eating it with a fork.
Chomp also makes their own ketchup, which was different. I didn’t really care for it as it was really sweet and you could totally taste the fennel. So thank god they had some good ole Heinz ketchup! We also got the Frickles (fried pickles) and no lie they were some of the best ones I’ve had and they were served with the most creamy buttermilk ranch dipping sauce. And one last thing that makes this little local joint great – they serve all craft beers!
If you’re ever in the area and check this place out let me know what you think! And any of my fellow New Englanders, if you have a place I should try let me know – I’m always down for finding a new yummy restaurant!
Until Next Time,
Hello my fellow bloggers,
Today’s Friday Fav’s has me super excited. It has been a really good week at work – landed us a hot lead in the middle of the week and my boss had a meeting with them yesterday – the lead pretty much said “the opportunity is yours to lose” and there is no way I plan on losing it. We are going out to try this new place for dinner with our friends Holly & Brett. I looked at their menu last night and I only have two words for you – Mac&Cheese Burger. So on to my list!
- Whole 30 Sloppy Joes. MOST of the time I eat really healthy and when I don’t I love to find healthier versions of what unhealthy dish I want. I have made this many time, and let me just tell you, it’s so much better than manwich. Give it a try I promise you will love it.
- This post on Friendship Breakups. This had me feeling all the feels. There are a few friendships that have ended that I wish didn’t but things happen the way they are supposed to and I am a firm believer that people come into your life for a reason.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST…..WE ARE GETTING A PUPPY! We sent in our application Monday and pending our home visit with the adoption place we will take our girl home in a few weeks. I can’t tell you guys how excited I am, I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes fine and we get her – which I’m sure it will. Be sure to check back and see how cute she is once I get some more photos 🙂
Until Next Time,
With less than a week until spring I thought I would post my Spring 2016 Bucket List. Spring weather has been around for the past few weeks on and off, and this weekend it was so beautiful – I even got my first sunburn of the year. There are so many things I want to do this spring I am writing them down to hold myself accountable.
- Try as many new restaurants as possible.
- DIY Deck Cooler
- Bake an Easter Dessert
- Host our 2nd Memorial Day BBQ
- DIY glow in the dark planters & plant flowers in them
- Go on a picnic with my love
- Visit Wicked Tulips Flower Farm
- Go for our first ice cream date of the year to Ice Cream Machine
- Visit Farmers Market’s in the area
- Food Truck Festivals
- Major House Clean
- Mead Wine tasting
- Make a Spring Wreath
- Do something new with my hair
- Get a Pedicure
Until Next Time,
Today’s Friday Favorites are brought to you buy Jillian Harris….well brought to you by her ‘whats in my closet’ post and her amazing blog because I bought an item on her list and I’m dying to try a float she posted as well. She was by far one of my favorite ladies ever on the Bachelor & Bachelorette and I love Love it or List it Vancouver.
- I bought this beautiful Spring Scenery Floral Maxi Dress to wear for my cousins wedding in July. I may actually wear it for other occasions but I bought it with her wedding in mind.
- This Strawberry Coconut Cream Float looks so delicious. Now that we have had a taste of spring/summer weather here in Massachusetts, I am ready for all the food/drinks/fires that come with the beautiful weather.
- I’ve just recently started doing the BBG workouts. I have had the workouts for a while, but let me tell you they are not easy. I feel like I had to work up the strength to do the pre-training. But this week I did the whole weeks worth of exercising and I am pretty dam proud.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I’m looking forward to mine 🙂
Until Next Time,
TGIF….This week I feel like I’ve been hit by the struggle bus, it’s been the type of week where you just have no motivation to do anything and need to have 3 cups of coffee everyday. But it’s Friday and my boss is taking us out to lunch today and I have two days to look forward to just relaxing. Here are some of my favorite things from this week!
- Made these delish Low-Card Baked Chicken Tenders and they we really so good. Instead of coating them with breadcrumbs, you use Parmesan cheese. Anything that involves cheese is great in my book.
- Target is having their BOGO on bathing suits and I still don’t want to think about wearing them until I loose about 10 more lbs, but I am loving these two suits…One Piece & Two Piece
- Fuller House…I haven’t been binge watching like almost every other person that subscribes to Netflix, but it’s not that bad. I don’t think it is amazing but I like how they focus more on an adult audience with some of their humor and it is very nostalgic. I will deff. keep watching and will patiently wait until season 2.
Until Next Time,