I don’t know about you guys, but during the week the last thing I want to do after work is cook. I love to cook and bake but Monday thru Friday all I want to do is relax. But since that isn’t an option I look for the most convenient recipes I can find online. (usually via pinterest)
This dish is super simple and delicious! (plus it is done in one pan, so less dishes!)
Of course when I told Bobby what we were having he asked if there was going to be any meat. No meal is complete for Bobby without meat, but I didn’t have anything out to make so he was stuck with just the yummy carbs. If I had meat I could have easily grilled him some chicken, but because this dish is so simple you could have this as a main course or a side dish, if you have a significant other who needs a protein with every meal he has. Once dinner was over Bobby was happy and actually said that he was full off of just the pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. dry Fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup nonfat milk (or whatever milk or cream you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic. Stir and cook until garlic becomes fragrant and just starts to brown. Add pasta, salt, pepper, butter, chicken stock and milk. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat, toss pasta, and stir in Parmesan Cheese. Sprinkle parsley on top. Divide into bowls and serve hot.
Until next time,