These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cupcakes were the talk of our get together tonight, with many going back for a second!
When Bobby wants cookies, his go to choice is the Nestle White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies.
In honor of his favorite cookies, I decided to turn them into CUPCAKES tonight since his family was coming over for dinner!! These delicious cupcakes are packed full of macadamia nuts (which were hard to find at the stores, I seriously had to go to two different stores), white chocolate chips, and topped off with a creamy, white chocolate & cream cheese frosting.
I found my recipe on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen via pinterest.
- 2 sticks salted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nut pieces
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 4 oz (half a block) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.
- With the mixer on medium low, add flour and milk alternately, starting and ending with flour mixture and scraping the bowl as needed. Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until center of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and heavy cream, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside to cool until no longer hot.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add melted white chocolate and vanilla extract, beating on medium until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar until just barely mixed in. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for one minute, until light and fluffy. Generously frost cooled cupcakes.