Below is the definition of a carbolic according to Urban Dictionary….
Carboholic: Someone who consumes carbohydrates in excess, to the point of harming themselves or other relationships.
Now I don’t feel as if I am harming myself or any of my relationships with my addiction to carbs, but I do consume them in excess. My main weakness is pasta! If Bobby wouldn’t mind I would have pasta for dinner every night of the week and also take the leftovers for work the next day.
For Christmas I asked for the Vegetti (found here) and it has been one of the best gifts because I use it all the time. Mostly to make Zucchini noodles. There are also a lot of summer dishes that I will be able to make with it, and I can’t wait!
For dinner last night I made Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini Noodles. While I was prepping dinner I was talking to my parents and my dad said “Cilantro is an acquired taste” and since I’ve never had it I was all like “yeah okay dad”. Well he was right (just don’t tell him I said that ;p). So lets just say last nights meal wasn’t my fav., but Bobby enjoyed it. So next time my plan is to cut down on the amount of lime juice as well as don’t put cilantro.
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Strips
- 3 Limes
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cayenne Powder
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- 3 Zucchini
- Mince the garlic, snip the cilantro and zest a lime. Cut the lime so you can juice once chicken is completely cooked.
- Cut the chicken into chunks.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan. Heat it over medium high heat, until the pan is warm. Add the chicken and let it cook.
- Once the chicken is browned on the bottom and will easily let go of the pan, sprinkle it generously with cumin and cayenne powder. Let it cook another minute or two, until the white line has moved about halfway through the pieces.
- Turn the chicken and let it cook another couple of minutes, long enough to brown. Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle in the garlic and lime zest. Stir it little and let it cook another couple of minutes but be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- While the chicken is finishing cooking. Cook the zucchini noodles in the microwave for 1 minute. This helps soften them a little bit, but if you prefer you can keep them uncooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add the lime juice and stir up all the browned goodness from the pan.
- Add the Zucchini noodles to the pan and give a good mix to get all the delicious flavors on the noodles, since this dish does not have a sauce.
- Remove the chicken and noodles to a bowl or platter and sprinkle it with cilantro.