One of my favorite blogs is Simply Taralynn and I have been recreating many of her meals. On a recent blog post she made Whole Wheat Triple Berry Muffins. I have been trying to eat healthier and allow myself to have treats in moderation. One of the biggest issues I have when it comes to eating healthy/dieting is the fact that I get bored with what I’m eating. I need to have a variety of healthy foods on me or in the house so I don’t just go and pick up Bobby’s snack that are all over our cabinets.
So I decided to make the muffins and I followed Taralynn’s recipe to a T (besides the berries I used) and the muffins did come out really good. It also helps that I have so many cupcake/muffin liners that I can probably bake for the rest of the year without buying any! BTW I use Stevia all the time for my coffee, but I had no idea that there was a baking Stevia. Below I have listed the ingredients as well as instructions. You can read them here or you can also head over to Taralynn’s blog!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup baking Stevia
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 2-1/4 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- With a mixer, beat the greek yogurt and applesauce together with the stevia.
- Mix in the eggs, and the extracts.
- Slowly mix in, alternating, the milk and the flour mixture until smooth.
- With a spoon, mix the berries and chia seeds in. Don’t use the mixer to combine the berries unless you want purple muffins. If you do, then go ahead!
If you decide to try to make this yourself, let me know how they come out!