If your doing weight watchers and are looking for a delish recipe you have found it!
I have been trying to make healthier meals for me & B and sometimes it is extremely hard because he is the pickiest eater I have ever met in my life. But I made the Turkey Burger Casserole that I found on SkinnyMom.com and he loved it. I don’t subscribe to weight watchers but I do know a few ladies that do and this website has shared some great meal ideas that I will be trying in the future.
I did follow the below recipe 99%. The only change I made was the amount to ground turkey. Skinny Mom’s recipe calls for 1/2 pound and I increased to a full pound.
- 1½ cups uncooked whole wheat or whole grain pasta
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini (or 2 small), chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 jar light alfredo sauce
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 2½ -quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground turkey and drain.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and cook for about a minute.
- In the meantime, add the zucchini and onions to a microwave safe plate. Cook in microwave for about 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add to skillet of browned meat.
- Stir in cooked pasta, alfredo sauce, cottage cheese, tomato,salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of casserole.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.